Reason 1: 7 miler was finished before 9 AM
Stats: 7 miles in 57:41 @ 8:14 pace = Recovery Day
Mile splits: 8:17, 8:01, 8:05, 8:23, 8:20, 8:22, 8:15
Pros to the run
- Stopped at 3 water fountains along the run AND on the way back.
- The shady woods were nice.
- Ran with my bff and teammate Jessica!
Cons to the run
- The fact that it said it was 72-80 degrees during our run but the humidity made it feel like 90.
- Legs felt like bricks and the air was hard to breathe.
- Just felt out of shape which will be the feeling for the next few weeks I’m sure.
Reason 2: Listened to Cartel on the drive back to the apartment.
Song I enjoyed most: This is Who We Are – Cartel (I forgot how much I enjoyed this song and the guitar in it haha)
Reason 3: Cartel has new stuff.
I thought “Man it’s been awhile, I bet Cartel has put out new music.” And of course yes, they have.
Reason 4: Cavendish won today!
He’s so good looking. *swoon*
Reason 5: I had a good lunch and a good popsicle
Have you tried these popsicles? They are AMAZING!! Congrats Motts, you did good! The Motts Fruitsations Ice Bars are amazing!
Reason 6: I went grocery shopping for the apartment on my own. I’d say it was successful for the most part.
Reason 7: Our pool is awesome
Reason 8: I finally saw Lights’ cameo appearance in “Deer in the Headlights” by Owl City
Reason 9: I had a good dinner
Reason 10: Jessica is coming over to watch a movie tonight
We have no idea which movie yet, but we will sure find one online!
Q: What made your day good today?
Q: Have you been watching the Tour de France?